TFTD - April 2014

Resource Manager

26 April 2014

"God said of His word, that He has magnified it above His name. That is what our Heavenly Father thinks about His message to us. He gives it top priority. Do we? So if we seek to show our faith by our works, we need to cultivate the ability to concentrate, to be through and to be persistent."

- John V. Collyer
Show Me Thy Faith By Thy Works (1991)

27 April 2014

"The disciples are commissioned to be the light of the world. Their light is the true light, and must not be diminished by equating the teaching of their Lord with the ethical systems of their own time. Their light is much more than a moral code; it is a new and living relationship with their heavenly Father, for they are heirs of His Kingdom. Their rule of life is absolute, having been given and lived by Christ himself."

- Harry Sheppard
Salt and Light (1960)

28 April 2014

"Of the sheep Jesus said, "They are mine, and no man snatcheth them out of my hand". Men and women must believe they are the sheep, weak and sinful maybe, but nevertheless his. They must realize that he is ever seeking to save and to help, offering the strength that comes from him alone, enabling them to live in him. By an acceptance of his friendship and love, grasping it and responding to it, believers will be able to rise up to the way of holiness, to sanctify every part of life. The reality of this friendship and love must and can be developed, by reading the Word, by meditation, and by prayer."

- W.G. Higginson
The Love of Christ (1952)

29 April 2014

"Perseverance and thoroughness in the service of the Truth are great jewels of character. God asks for a complete surrender to His claims. He says, "My Son, give Me thine heart." Not partially, not with a divided love, but, as it is written, "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might" (Deuteronomy 6:4; Mark 12:30)."

- Ernest Pitt
Faithful Unto Death (1925)

30 April 2014

"We must search our hearts and pray for grace and strength to delay no longer our surrender to his will, not to wait until we have passed our examinations, or got the children off our hands, or made certain of having enough to retire on, or lived beyond our present besetting sin. That goal we set ourselves may never be reached, or if reached, leave no time for making ourselves ready for the Lord. The need for each of us is great, especially, perhaps, if our first interest in the Truth was aroused by the signs of the times, to put our trust in the right place, in Christ’s redeeming blood, in his Father’s sure word ..."

- H.A. Twelves
Behold, I Come Quickly (1951)