Index Rerum

GOODNESS BESTOWED

Behold the days come, saith the Lord, that I will perform that good thing which I have promised. Jer. 33:14.

Will do better than at your beginnings. Eze. 36:11.

For in my wrath I smote thee, but in my favor have I had mercy on thee. Isa. 60:10.

For your shame ye shall have double … therefore in their land they shall possess double—I will render double unto thee. Isa 61:7; Zec. 9:12.

The great goodness towards the house of Israel. Isa. 63.7.

The rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the face of the earth. Isa. 25:8.

And my people shall be satisfied with my goodness, saith the Lord. Jer. 31:14.

The days of thy mourning shall be ended. Isa 60:20.

As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort you, and ye shall be comforted in Jerusalem. Isa. 66:13.

Jacob shall rejoice, and Israel shall be glad. Psa. 14:7.

Yea, I will rejoice over them to do them good. Jer. 32:41.

They shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away. Isa. 35:10.

In that day shall this song be sung in the land of Judah … Open ye the gates, that the righteous nation which keepeth the truth may enter in. Isa. 26:1, 2.

And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the Lord your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you. Joel 2:26.

For I will make you a name and a praise among all people of the earth, when I turn back your captivity before their eyes. Zeph. 3:20.

And the heathen shall know that I, the Lord, do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall he in the midst of them forever. Eze. 37:28.

And they shall fear and tremble for all the goodness and for all the prosperity that I procure unto it. Jer. 33:9.

And all nations shall call you blessed; for ye shall be a delightsome land. Mal. 3:12.
_______

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

RULED OVER

As I live, saith the Lord God, surely with a mighty hand … will I rule over you. Eze. 20:33.

For out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel. Matt. 2:6.

And I the Lord will be their God, and my servant David, a prince among them. Eze. 34:24.

But they shall serve the Lord their God, and David their King. Jer. 30:9.

And he shall rule over the house of Jacob forever—Might serve him without fear. Luke 1:33, 74.

And one king shall be king over them all—David my servant shall be king over them. Eze. 37:22, 24.

My servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob. Isa. 49:6.

And the Lord shall reign over them in Mount Zion. Mic. 4:7.

Their King shall pass before them, and the Lord ahead of them. Mic. 2:13; Isa. 52:12

For the Lord is our judge … our law giver … our King. Isa. 33:22.
_______

NEW COVENANT

Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah; not according to the covenant I made with their fathers. Heb. 8:8, 9; Jer. 31:31, 32.

For this my covenant unto them, when I take away their sins. Rom. 11:26, 27; Isa. 59:20, 21.

A covenant of peace with them … it shall be an everlasting covenant Eze. 37:26; 34:25.

And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but … Jer. 32:40.

And I will establish my covenant with thee, and thou shalt know I am the Lord. Eze. 16:62.
_______

AS ONE NATION

I will make them one nation—one king shall be king to them all—No more two nations—neither divided into two kingdoms any more at all. Eze. 37:22.

And I will strengthen the house of Judah, and I will save the house of Joseph. Zec. 10:6.

Then shall the children of Judah and the children of Israel be gathered together, and appoint themselves one head. Hos. 1:11.

Ephraim shall not vex Judah, and Judah shall not vex Ephraim. Isa. 11:13.

The house of Judah shall walk with the house of Israel, and shall come together out of the land of the north. Jer. 3:18.

In those days, and in that time, the children of Israel shall come, they and the children of Judah together, going and weeping. Jer. 50:4.

In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel dwell safely. Jer. 23:6.
_______

THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL

PAST FUTURE
When Israel was a child, I loved him—I taught Ephraim, taking them by their arms—I drew them with the cords of a man, with bands of love. Hos. 11:1–4. Is Ephraim my dear son? Is he a pleasant child? Since I spake against him, I do earnestly remember him still. Jer. 31:20.
O Ephraim, what shall I do unto thee?—Ye have ploughed wickedness. Ye have reaped iniquity.Hos. 6:4; 10:13. Surely, after that I was turned, I repented … I was ashamed, because I did bear the reproach of my youth. Jer. 31:19.
Thou hast chastised me, and I was chastised as a bullock unaccustomed to the yoke. Jer. 31:18 Ephraim shall say, What have I to do any more with idols?—Shall cry, Arise ye, and let us go up to Zion, unto the Lord our God.Hos. 14:8Jer. 31:6.
Backsliding Israel hath played the harlot—when she was mine—As a wife treacherously departeth from her husband, so have ye—after she had done all these things, she returned not.Jer. 3:7Eze. 23:5Jer. 3:20. O virgin of Israel, turn again to thy cities—I will allure her and speak comfortably to her—therefore with loving kindness have I drawn thee. I will heal her backsliding. I will love them freely—The iniquity of Israel shall he sought for, and there shall be none. Jer. 30:21, 3 50:20. Hos. 2:14; 14:4.
I put her away and gave her a bill of divorce—Then she said, I will go and return unto my first husband, for it was better with me than now—She is not my wife, neither am I her husband. I will even betroth thee unto me in faithfullness—Thou shalt call me husband (see Marg.) and shalt call me no more Baalim—For I am married unto you. Hos. 2:20, 16Jer. 3:14.
She forgot me, I will visit upon her the days of Baalim. Hos. 2:2, 15, 13Jer. 3:8; 31:32. Again I will build thee, O virgin of Israel, thou shalt again be adorned. Jer. 31:21.

THE HOUSE OF JUDAH

PAST FUTURE
When thou wast born. I said Live—when I passed by, thy time was the time of love—the kindness of thy youth, the love of thy espousals in the wilderness Eze. 16:6, 8Jer. 2:2. Zion, said the Lord, hath forsaken me, hath forgotten me—yet I will not forget thee—I will remember my covenant with thee in the days of thy youth—They are beloved for then fathers’ sake. Isa. 49:14–16Eze. 16:60Rom. 11:28.
Entered into a covenant with thee and thou becamest mine—Put a beautiful crown upon thy head—Thou didst prosper into a kingdom—Thy renown went forth among the heathen for thy beauty. Eze. 16:8, 12, 14.  
Thou didst play the harlot also—walked in the way of thy corrupt sister—more corrupt in her inordinate love than she—The work of an imperious woman. Jer. 3:8Eze. 23:31. 11; 16:43. Where is the bill of your mother’s divorcement? My jealousy shall depart and will be no more angry—The sins of Judah, they shall not be found. Isa. 50:1Eze. 16:42Jer. 50:20.
Plead with your mother, for she is not my wife, neither am I her husband. Hos. 2:2Jer. 31:32.  
A wife of youth when thou wast refused—My mind was alienated from her—Thou hast forgotten me—Because thou hast not remembered the days of thy youth, but hast fretted me … I will recompense thy way upon thy head—Therefore I gave thee blood in my fury and jealousy. Isa. 54:6Eze. 16:43, 38; 23:35, 18. Thou shalt forget the shame of thy youth, and not remember the reproach of thy widowhood any more—Never open thy mouth any more because of thy shame; when I am pacified toward thee for all that thou hast done Isa. 54:4Eze. 16:63.
  For thy maker is thy husband—I have called thee by name, thou art mine. Isa. 54:5; 43:1.
  Put on thy beautiful garments, O Jerusalem—In that day shall the Lord of Hosts be for a crown of glory and for a diadem of beauty unto the residue of his people. Isa. 52:1; 49:18; 28:5.
Behold, your house is left unto you desolate—The kingdom taken away. Matt. 23:38; 21:43. The kingdom shall come to the daughter of Jerusalem. Mic. 4:8.

THE LION OF THE TRIBE OF JUDAH

AND HIS (THEN) IMMORTAL SAINTS WITH THE NATION OF ISRAEL IN THEIR BELLIGERENT ASPECT, OVERTHROWING “THE POWERS THAT BE,” WHEREBY “THE KINGDOMS OF THE WORLD BECOME THE KINGDOMS OF OUR LORD AND HIS CHRIST.”
_______

“Surely, the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants, the prophets.”
_______

ON the near return of the Lord Jesus, the Ottoman Empire will have evaporated, symbolically expressed in Rev. 16:12, as “the drying up of the great river Euphrates, that the way of the Kings (the destined immortal kings and priests who shall reign on the earth, Rev. 5:10) of the East (lit. rendering, ‘of a sun’s rising’) might be prepared”; Egypt under the control of England; Constantinople in possession of Russia, and a prosperous settlement of a large number of Jews, already returning to Palestine, “gathered out of the nations, which have got much cattle and goods, that dwell in the land.” See Ezek. 38:11, 13.

When Christ does appear in the pouring of the Sixth Vial (while the resurrection, gathering, and judgment of the household of faith is taking place), the Anglo-Tarshish power is engaged in a fierce struggle with the Russo-Assyrian Gog for political supremacy in the East; the latter power endeavoring to seize India, and Egypt shall not escape him. Dan. 11:42. The Anglo-Tarshish fleet in the Persian Gulf, Mediterranean and Red Seas, holding the southern portion of Syria. Dan. 11:41. The Tarshish power, “with all the young lions thereof,” cannot resist the encroachments of the Russo-Gogian army and powerful allies, unable to protect those Jews in the land at that time, as seen in the expostulations, “Art thou come to take a spoil; has thou gathered thy company to take a prey?” Ezek. 38:13.

The invasion of the Holy Land is graphically depicted in the prophets: Ezek. 38 and 39, and Dan. 11:40–45; resulting in “Jacob’s trouble,” Jer. 30:7; Isa. 33:2–4. Jerusalem at length captured, Zec. 14:2; and, as divinely recorded in Eze. 38:14–16, “And thou shalt come up against my people of Israel as a cloud to cover the land; it shall be in the latter days, and I will bring thee against my land, that the heathen may know me, when I shall be sanctified in thee, O Gog, before their eyes.”

The Messiah (with his accepted saints) leaves the Sinaitic region (see Deut. 33:2; Hab. 3:3), and at once moves for the relief of the Jews (“beloved for their fathers’ sake,” Rom. 11:28), in the direction of Jerusalem, “the city of the Great King” (Psa. 48:2), and encounters the Russo-Gogian forces at Bozrah; fulfilling that remarkable statement, “Art thou he of whom I have spoken in olden time, by my servants the prophets of Israel, which prophesied in those days many years that I would bring thee against them (the Jews). And it shall come to pass at the same time, when Gog shall come against the land of Israel, saith the Lord God, that my fury shall come up in my face; for in my jealousy, and in the fire of my wrath have I spoken. Surely in that day there shall be a great shaking in the land of Israel.” Ezek. 38.19. Fearful slaughter takes place in Edom, is apparent: “Who is this that cometh from Edom, with dyed garments from Bozrah?… I that speak in righteousness, mighty to save … for the day of vengeance is in my heart.” Isa. 63:1–6.

The Messiah disperses the combatants, destroys the formidable fleet of the latter-day Tarshish “with an east wind.” Psa. 48:7. The hostile armies rapidly retreat, and the Gog power and “his great company” make a determined stand, and massed “in the valley of Jehoshaphat, the valley of decision” (Joel 3:9–16), styled also Armageddon (Rev. 16:16). There the Lord overwhelms them, “for by fire and by his sword will the Lord plead with all flesh, and the slain of the Lord shall be many.” Isa. 66:16. The shattered remnant that escape (Joel 2:20) abandon Syria, and return to their own countries. The following prophetic utterances can be well understood: “Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all people round about, when they shall be in the siege, both against Judah and Jerusalem, a burdensome stone for all people. All that burden themselves with it shall be cut to pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered against it.” (Zec. 12:2–5.) “And the multitude of all the nations that fight against her and her munition, and that distress her, shall be as a dream of a night vision … so shall the multitude of all the nations be that fight against Mount Zion.” Isa. 29:7, 8. “For thus hath the Lord spoken unto me, Like as the lion and the young lion roaring on his prey … so shall the Lord of hosts come down to fight for Mount Zion and for the hill thereof. As birds flying, so will the Lord defend Jerusalem; defending, also, he will deliver it, and passing over he will preserve it.” Isa. 31:4, 5. And I will open my eyes upon the house of Judah—The Lord shall save the tents of Judah first … and the house of David as God” (Heb. Elohim, mighty Ones, i.e., Jesus, the seed-royal, and those in him) “as the angel of the Lord before them—and it shall come to pass in that day, that I will destroy all nations that come against Jerusalem.” Zec. 12:4–7, 9. “I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people … whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land.” Joel 3:2. “The nations shall rush like the rushing of many waters; but God shall rebuke them, and they shall flee far off, and shall be chased as the chaff of the mountains before the wind, and like a rolling thing (margin, thistledown) before the whirlwind; and behold at evening-tide trouble; and before the morning he is not. This is the portion of them that spoil us, and the lot of them that rob us.” Isa. 17:12–14. “That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us … and that he would grant us, that we, being delivered out of the hand of our enemies, might serve him without fear.” Luke 1:71–74. And that remarkable prediction of Moses will he verified. “Happy art thou, O Israel; who is like unto thee, O people saved by the Lord … the sword of thy excellency! Thine enemies (see Marg.) shall be subdued unto thee; and thou shall tread upon their high places.” Deut. 33:29.

The rescued Jewish inhabitants, on their wonderful deliverance, open the gates of the city of Jerusalem, while exclaiming, “Who is this King of Glory? The Lord, strong and mighty, the Lord; mighty in battle.” (Psa. 24:7–10.) Then Jesus reveals himself to them as their once crucified Messiah; as it is written: “And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications; and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him as one mourneth for his only son.” (Zec. 12:10–14.) The prophecy quoted by Jesus from Psa. 118:22, over eighteen hundred years ago, to those who rejected him, will be also fulfilled: “Did ye never read in the Scriptures, the Stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner. This is the Lord’s doing, and it is marvelous in our eyes (the Jews). And whosoever shall fall on this stone (of stumbling) shall be broken; but on whomsoever it shall fall it will grind him to powder” (the Gentile nations not yielding when he comes). Matt. 21:41–46.

The Holy Land is cleared of these Gentile forces, as declared in Joel 2:20: “I will remove far off from you the northern army, and will drive him into a barren land, and desolate, with his face towards the east sea: and his stink shall come up, and his ill savor shall come up, because he hath done great things.” Again: “And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will give unto Gog a place there of graves in Israel, the valley of the passengers on the east of the sea; and it shall stop the noses of the passengers; and there shall-they bury Gog and all his multitude; and they shall call it the Valley of Hamon-Gog, and seven months shall the house of Israel be burying of them, that they may cleanse the land.” (Ezek. 39–11-16.) It is not difficult to see that the long-vexed Eastern Question, or rather, its advanced phase merged into the Syrian Question is at last divinely solved, ending disastrously to those nations in bloody contest; and before their wondering eyes is suddenly developed THE NEW ASIATIC POWER, to the dismay of paralyzed Europe and Asia. “In that day shall Israel be the third with Egypt and with Assyria, a blessing in the midst of the land, whom the Lord of hosts shall bless, saying, Blessed be Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel mine inheritance.” (Isa. 19:23, 25). “In that day it shall be said to Jerusalem, Fear thou not; and to Zion, Let not thy hands be slack; the Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty.” (Zeph. 3:16, 17.) “And I will make her that halteth a remnant, and her that was cast off a strong nation; and the Lord shall reign over them in Mount Zion, from henceforth even for ever … The kingdom shall come to the daughter of Jerusalem.” (Mic. 4:7, 8.) “For lo, the kings were assembled, they passed by together: they saw it, and so they marveled; they were troubled, and hasted away.” (Psa. 48:4–6.)

Before the subjugation of the world by Jesus, who declares that he “will be King over all the earth” (Zec. 14:9), there is a suspension of hostilities, a calm of some duration, before the impending storm. In the meantime, the proclamation of the Gospel of the Age is heard throughout the world. “Fear God and give glory to him: for the hour of his judgment is come.” (Rev. 14:6–11.) “Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth. Serve the Lord with trembling. Kiss the Son, test he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little.” Psa. 2:10–12. “All ye inhabitants of the world, and dwellers on the earth, see ye, when he lifteth up an ensign on the mountains; when he bloweth a trumpet, hear ye. I will take my rest (in Mount Zion), and I will consider in my dwelling place (Jerusalem) like a clear heat upon herbs, and like a cloud of dew in the heat of harvest.” Isa. 18:3.5. “He stood and measured the earth.” Heb. 3:6.

The Jews and a mixed multitude—as in the days of Egypt, Exo. 12:38—accept the announced gospel by flocking to the standard of Jesus the Christ, the proclaimed King and Saviour of the world. The Anglo-Tarshish power submissively yields, her ships employed to “bring thy sons (the Jews) from far.” Isa. 60:9. “In that time shall the present be brought unto the Lord of hosts of a people scattered and peeled.… to the place of the name of the Lord of hosts, the Mount Zion, by the land that sendeth ambassadors by the sea.” Isa. 18:1, 2, 7. Pointing to the same maritime power: “Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish for them.” Jer. 16:16. “I will hiss for them and gather them.” Zec. 10:8. “And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.” Isa. 65:24. “Who are these that fly as a cloud, and as the doves to their windows? Isa. 60:8. ”The Lord God, which gathereth the outcasts of Israel, saith, “Yet will I gather others to him, besides those that are gathered unto him.” Isa. 56:8.

_______

While the Seventh Vial is being poured out, in which the Seven Thunders utter their terrible warlike voices (Rev. 10:4) on the nations rejecting the Gospel of the Age (see Rev. 14:6, 7), believing themselves strong enough to resist the claims of the Messiah, they believe false, through “the lies they have inherited.” (Jer. 16:19.) Europe becomes one vast armed camp, ready to check the aggressive movement on the part of Him now enthroned in Jerusalem, in the midst of his Asiatic dominion.

Kings take counsel against. Psa. 2:2–5.

The great confederation. Rev. 17:13.

Prepare war, wake up the mighty…

Beat your plowshares into swords. Joel 3:9, 10.

The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved. Psa. 46:6.

Gathering their armies. Rev. 19:19.

THE WARLIKE ATTITUDE OF CHRIST

The Branch thou madest strong. Psa. 80:15–17.

As a mighty man, like a man of war. Isa. 42:13.

Rule thou in midst of thine enemies. Psa. 110:1, 2.

Gird thy sword upon thy thigh. Psa. 45:3–5.

My mouth like a sharp sword. Isa. 49:2.

Garments of vengeance for clothing. Isa. 59:17.

His eyes as a flame of fire. Rev. 1:14–16.

His feet as pillars of fire. Rev. 10:1–3.

I have long time holden my peace. Isa 42:14.

This once I will cause them to know mine hand and my might. Jer. 16:21.

My determination to pour my indignation. Zeph. 3:8.

To punish the inhabitants of the earth. Isa. 26:21.

The Lord shall roar out of Zion. Joel 3:16.

He shall cry, yea, roar; he shall prevail against his enemies, Isa. 42:13.

And vex them in his sore displeasure. Psa. 2:15.

At the lifting up of thyself the nations were scattered. Isa. 33:3.

He shall cut off the spirit of princes:

He is terrible to the kings of the earth. Psa. 76:12.

When he ariseth to shake terribly the earth. Isa. 2:21.

He beheld, and drove asunder the nations. Hab. 3:6.

The Lord shall punish the host of the high ones on high,

and the kings of the earth upon the earth. Isa. 24:21.

Thrust in thy sickle and reap.… and gather the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great wine press of the wrath of God. Rev. 14:15, 19.

Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces. Psa. 2:9.

A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand. Psa. 91:7.

I will break the bow and the sword and the battle out of the earth. Hos. 2:18.

He hath put down the mighty from their seats. Luke 1:52.

How terrible art thou in thy works! Through the greatness of thy power shall thine enemies submit themselves unto thee. Psa. 66:3.

Men shall speak of the might of thy terrible acts. Psa. 145:6, 12.

_______

THE JEWISH NATION ANXIOUS FOR THE ENCOUNTER

Let the daughters of Judah be glad because of thy judgments. Psa. 48:11; 92:8.

(Once said, “Neither have the inhabitants of the world fallen.” Isa. 26:18.)

Wait upon me until the day that I rise up to the prey. Zeph. 3:8.

By terrible things wilt thou answer us. Psa. 65:5.

Whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall. Isa. 54:14, 15.

He shall subdue nations under our feet. Psa. 47:3.

For I will contend with him that contendeth with thee. Isa. 49:25.

Through thee will we push down our enemies. Psa. 44:5.

Through God we shall do valiantly. Psa. 108:11–13.

They that strive with thee shall perish. Isa. 41:10–12.

I will feed them that oppress thee with their own blood. Isa. 49:26.

This is the portion of them that spoil us. Isa. 17:14.

THE JEWISH FORCES

JUDAH AND ISRAEL BECOME A MILITARY AND AGGRESSIVE POWER PREPARED FOR WAR, AS EXPRESSED BY THE FOLLOWING SYMBOLS:—

Thou art my battle-axe. Jer. 51:20. Sharp threshing instrument. Isa. 41:15.

He couched as a lion. Gen. 49:9. As a young lion. Mic. 5:8.

Rise up as a great lion. Num. 23:24. Who shall stir him up. Num. 24:9.

Judah as his goodly horse. Zec. 10:3, 4. Thy hoofs brass. Mic. 4:13.

Four horses. Zec. 1:8–11. Four carpenters. Zec. 1:18–21.

Iron horn. Mic. 4:13. With his horns shall push. Deut. 33:17.

House of Jacob a fire. House of Joseph a flame. Obad. 18.

Judah bent as a bow. Ephraim like arrows. Zec. 9:13.

Thine arrows are sharp. Psa. 45:5. Glittering spear. Hab. 3:11.

As the sword of a mighty man. Zec. 9:13.

No weapon against thee shall prosper. Isa. 54:17.

A strong nation. Mic. 4:7; Isa. 60:22.

CHRIST JESUS, THE GENERALISSIMO

CHRIST JESUS, THE GENERALISSIMO OF THE JEWISH FORCES, WITH HIS GLORIFIED STAFF OF OFFICERS (HIS SAINTS), WHO ALSO COMMAND ISRAELL AND JUDAH, CRUSHING THE NATIONS OF THE EARTH INTO SUBMISSION

King of kings, Lord of lords. Rev. 19:16. (Kings and lords, his immortal saints.)

A leader and commander. Isa. 55:4.

Command deliverances for Jacob. Psa. 44:4.

The Lord shall go forth as a mighty man. Isa. 42:13.

The Lion of the tribe of Judah. Rev. 5:5.

Like as a lion—so shall he fight. Isa. 31:4.

Thou shalt break them. Psa. 2:8, 9.

Israel an exceeding great army. Eze. 37:10.

Utter his voice before his army. Joel 2:11.

Their (Gentile) armies fight him. Rev. 19:19.

Will cut them in pieces with his troops. (As rendered in margin.) Hab. 3:16.

They came out to scatter me. Hab. 3:14.

Against him that sat on the horse. Rev. 19:19, 14.

With thine horses (Judah) thou didst. Hab. 3:15.

Fury upon their armies. Isa. 34:2.

Vengeance is mine, I will repay. Rom. 12:19.

Revenging the blood of thy servants. Psa. 79:10.

I have pursued mine enemies. Psa. 18:37.

Beat them as small as the dust. Psa. 18:42.

Shall be chased as the chaff.… before the wind. Isa. 17:13.

For they shall be as ashes under the soles of your feet. Mal. 4:3.

As dust to his sword and as driven stubble to his bow. Isa. 41:2.

Scatter thou the people that delight in war. Psa. 68:30.

Destroy them which destroy the earth. Rev. 11:18.

To render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire. Isa. 66:15.

Lake of fire, (a symbol of Europe in war). Rev. 19:20.

For by fire and sword will the Lord plead with all flesh. Isa. 66.16.

What desolations he hath made in the earth. Psa. 46:8.

THE CONQUERING SAINTS

Thy seed (Christ and the saints, see Gal. 3:16, 29)

shall possess the gate of his enemies. Gen. 22:17.

It (the seed of the woman) shall bruise thy head. Gen. 3:15.

The time came that the saints possessed the kingdom. Dan. 7:22.

The governors of Judah, like a torch of fire. Zechariah 12:6

Cherubims, like burning coals of fire. Eze. 1:13.

To execute vengeance upon the heathen.… To bind their kings with chains and nobles with fetters of iron; to execute upon them the judgment written; this honour have all his saints. Psa. 149:6–9.

And judgment was given to the saints. Dan. 7:22.

The judgments of the Lord.… sweeter also than honey. Psa. 19:10.

The “little book” of judgments when eaten “sweet as honey.” Rev. 10:10.

And them that got the victory—Sing the song of Moses and the Lamb. Rev. 15:2, 3.

THE MARRIAGE SUPPER

THE MAGNIFICENT BRIDAL FEAST GIVEN BY THE DEITY EXPRESSES THE SUBJUCATION OF THE GENTILE POWERS AND POSSESSION OF THE WORLD. “BLESSED ARE THEY WHICH ARE CALLED (NATION OF ISRAEL) UNTO THE MARRIAGE SUPPER OF THE LAMB”

THE BRIDEGROOM—THE KING IN HIS BEAUTY

Fairer than the children of men. Psa. 45:2.

Thou hast the dew of thy youth. Psa. 110:3.

His name called the Word of God. Rev. 19:13.

Crown of pure gold on his head. Psa. 21:3.

His eyes as a flame of fire. Rev. 1:14.

Clothed with a vesture dipped in blood. Rev. 19:13.

Gird thy sword upon thy thigh. Psa. 45:3.

In his hand a sharp sickle. Rev. 14:14.

THE BRIDE (HIS SAINTS) IN HER REGAL SPLENDOR

Upon thy right hand did stand the Queen in gold of Ophir. Psa. 45:9.

Clothed in fine linen, white and clean. Symbolic robe of righteousness. Rev. 19:14, 8.

Crown of life and glory. I Pet. 5:4; Jas. 1:12; II Tim. 4:8.

Two-edged sword in their hand. Psa. 149:6–9.

Rule with a rod of iron. Rev. 2:26, 27.

THE INVITED GUESTS—THE JEWISH NATION

Come out of her, my people. Rev. 18:4.

Shall be willing in the day of thy power. Psa. 110:3.

Hearken, O daughter, incline thine ear. Psa. 45:10.

Desires thy beauty, worship thou him. Psa. 45:11.

Beloved for the fathers’ sake. Rom. 11:28.

Let the daughters of Judah be glad. Psa. 48:11.

With thee will I destroy kingdoms. Jer. 51:19, 22.

THE SUMPTUOUS FEAST PREPARED BY THE FATHER

I will destroy and devour at once. Isa. 42:13, 14. (The Israelitish nation—mortal—as birds of prey.)

All that devoured thee shall be devoured. Jer. 30:16.

To all the fowls of the air, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God. Rev. 19:17.

That ye may eat the flesh of kings, captains, and mighty men… and all fowls were filled with their flesh. Rev. 19:18–21.

Speak unto every feathered fowl.

Gather yourselves on every side to my sacrifice.

A great sacrifice upon the mountains of Israel.

That we may eat the flesh of the mighty.

And drink the blood of the princes of the earth.

Thus shall ye be filled at my table with horses, and chariots, and with mighty men, and with all the men of war, saith the Lord God. Eze. 39:17–22. (Like as Israel feasted in the days of old. See Num. 14:9; 24:8; 23:24; Psa. 74:14.)

UNIVERSAL PEACE PROCLAIMED

He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth. Psa. 46:9.

Be still, and know that I am God. Psa. 46:10.

He shall speak peace unto the heathen. Zec. 9:10.

They shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more. Isa. 2:4; Mic. 4:3.

His name shall be called.… the Prince of Peace. Isa. 9:6.

Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end. Isa. 9:7.

And abundance of peace so long as the moon endureth. Psa. 72:7.

Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men. Luke 2:14.

The Lord is exalted.… and wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times. Isa. 33:5, 6.

(See “The Nations Blessed,” p. 2.)
_______

THE GOSPEL OF THE KINGDOM

The gospel is the power of God unto salvation. Rom. 1:16.

The great salvation … spoken by the Lord. Heb. 2:3.

Preaching the gospel of the Kingdom. Mark 1:14.

Anointed me to preach good tidings … to proclaim the acceptable year. Isa. 61:1; Luke 4:18.

I must preach the Kingdom of God to other cities also; for therefore am I sent. Luke 4:43.

When any one heareth the word of the Kingdom. Matt. 13:19.

The word which God sent … preaching peace by Jesus Christ. Acts 10:36, 37.

Preaching and shewing the glad tidings of the Kingdom. Luke 8:1.

I must preach the Kingdom of God. Luke 4:43.

Spake unto them of the Kingdom. Luke 9:1.

Began to preach … the Kingdom of heaven. Matt. 4:17.

Kingdom of God and Kingdom of heaven (Gr., heavens) are employed interchangeably, see Matt. 13:11; with Mark 4:11; Luke 9:2.—Matt. 11:11; with Luke 7:28.—Matt. 19:14; with Mark 10:14.—The Kingdom of God within (marg. ref., among) you. Luke 17:21.

Sent them to preach the Kingdom of God. Luke 9:2, 6; Matt. 10:7, 8.

Go ye into all the world, and preach the Gospel. Mark 16:15.

_______

Speaking of the things pertaining to the Kingdom. Acts 1:3.

Preaching the things concerning the Kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ. Acts 8:12.

They preached the word of the Lord … the Gospel in many villages. Acts 8:25.

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved … and they spake unto him the word of the Lord. Acts 16:31, 32. As “the way, the truth, and the life,” through whom “an entrance into the Kingdom” of God will be obtained. 2 Pet. 1:9–11.

Spake boldly … the things concerning the Kingdom of God.—Heard the word of the Lord.—Mightily grew the word. Acts. 19:8, 10, 21.

Among whom I have gone preaching the Kingdom of God. Acts 20:25.

To whom he expounded and testified the Kingdom of God. Acts 28:23.

Preaching the Kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ. Acts 28:31.

For unto us was the Gospel preached as well as unto them (to Israel in the wilderness). Heb. 4:2. (A Kingdom of priests. Exo. 19:6; a royal priesthood. I Pet. 2:9.)

(No longer) aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, (nor) strangers from the covenants of promise (made with the patriarchs and David). Eph. 2:12.

I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David. Isa. 55:3.

The one hope of your calling. Eph. 4:4.

Who hath called you unto his Kingdom. I Thess. 2:12.

The truth as it is in Jesus.—The word of the truth of the gospel … the hope of the gospel. Eph. 4:21; 1:13; Col. 1:5.

If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed. Gal. 1:9.

_______

THE MYSTERY OF THE GOSPEL

DURING THE MINISTRATION OF CHRIST, HIS DISCIPLES PREACHED THE GOSPEL OF THE KINGDOM APART FROM HIS SACRIFICIAL DEATH, FOR THEY NEVER CONJECTURED THAT SUCH AN EVENT WOULD HAPPEN.

He sent them to preach the Kingdom of God. Luke 9:2.

Let these sayings sink down into your ears; for the Son of man shall be delivered into the hands of men. But they understood not this saying, and it was hid from them, that they perceived it not. Luke 9:44, 45.

All things concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished … put him to death and the third day he shall rise again. And they understood none of these things, neither knew they the things which were spoken. Luke 18:31, 34.

But they understood not that saying, and were afraid to ask him. Mark 9:31, 32.

From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples how that he must … suffer many things and be killed, and be raised again the third day. Then Peter took and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord; this shall not be unto thee. Matt. 16:21, 22.
_______

HAD THE APOSTLES UNDERSTOOD THE THINGS SPOKEN BY JESUS, HIS DEATH WOULD RATHER HAVE CONFIRMED THEIR BELIEF THAT HE WAS THE CHRIST.

For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead. John 20:9.

But we trusted that it had been he which should have redeemed Israel … O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken! Ought not Christ to have suffered these things … These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled. Luke 24:25, 26, 44.

These things understood not his disciples at the first; but when Jesus was glorified, then remembered they these things were written of him, (and of his death also, ) and that they had done these things unto him. John 12:16.

Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up … when therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said unto them, and they believed the scripture and the word which Jesus had said. John 2:19, 22.
_______

AFTER HIS ASCENSION THE SPIRIT REVEALED THE MYSTERY OF THE GOSPEL TO THE APOSTLES, BEFORE THEY RESUMED PREACHING THE GOSPEL OF THE KINGDOM.

But the time cometh when I shall no more speak unto you in (Marg. ref., parables.) John 16:25.

The Comforter … shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance. John 14:26.

Peter was the first to proclaim the mystery to the Jews on the day of Pentecost. See Acts 2:22–28; 2:31–35.

Understandest thou what thou readest? And he said: How can I, except some man should guide me? … Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture and preached unto him Jesus. Acts 8:27–38. (See Acts 18:26–28.)

The prophets have enquired and searched diligently … searching what, and what manner of time the spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow (Psa. 110:1) … which the angels desire to look into. I Pet. 1:10–12.

The mystery of Christ, which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, (therefore unknown to the patriarchs) as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles. Eph. 3:3, 5.

Those things which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled. Acts 3:18.

The preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery which was kept secret since the world began, but now is made manifest. Rom. 16:25, 26.

The mystery which hath been hid from ages and generations, but now is made manifest. Col. 1:26, 27.

The wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the world unto our glory, which none of the princes of this world knew. I Cor. 2:7, 8.

Made known unto us the mystery of his will. Eph. 1:9.

The faith once delivered to the saints. Jude 3. (Had special reference to the mystery of the Gospel.)

Now (Paul) preacheth the faith which he once destroyed. Gal. 1:23.

But before (Gr. the) faith came we were kept under law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. Gal. 3:23.

Of which salvation the prophets … who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you. I Pet. 1:10.

The mystery is styled also “the testimony of God.” See I Cor. 2:1, 2, 7; the testimony of Jesus. 2 Tim. 1:8.

To make known the fellowship of the mystery which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God … the manifold wisdom of God. Eph. 3:8–10; 2:13–15.

That I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel. Eph. 6:19.

And we declare unto you glad tidings, how that the promise (of the seed) which was made unto the fathers, God hath so fulfilled the same in us, their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again. Acts 13:32, 33.

The hope (or Messiah’s appearance, whom the apostles affirmed to be the resurrected Jesus) and the resurrection of the dead, I am called in question. Acts 23:6.

For the hope of the promise made of God unto our fathers, unto which promise our twelve tribes, instantly serving God day and night, hope to come, for which hope’s sake … I am accused of the Jews. Acts 26:6, 7.

The “hope of the promise” had ONLY reference to “the seed, which is Christ,” and not to the other “promises” which the Jews believed in; but Paul’s maintaining that Jesus was the hoped-for Messiah formed the ground of accusation against him.

For the hope of Israel I am bound with this chain. Acts 28:20.

The mystery of Christ for which I am in bonds. Col. 4:3; Phil. 1:13.
_______

THE PROPHECIES CONCERNING JESUS CHRIST THAT HAVE BEEN FULFILLED ARE THE FACTS EMBRACED IN THE GOSPEL OF THE KINGDOM; THE MYSTERY MADE KNOWN IS THE IMPORTANT THEME CONNECTED THEREWITH.

Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ. Acts 28:31.

To whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus. Acts 28:23.

The things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ. Acts 8:12.

For I delivered unto you first of all (G. among the chief things) … how that Christ died for our sins. I Cor. 15:3, 4.
_______

THE CONDITIONS OF SALVATION ARE BASED UPON THE REVEALED MYSTERY WHEREBY RIGHTEOUSNESS IS ATTAINED, AND WITH THE FURTHER EXERCISE OF FAITH IN THE PROPHECIES UNFULFILLED WHICH CONSTITUTE THE GOSPEL ITSELF.

Seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness. Matt. 6:33.

Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ. Rom. 3:22.

The righteousness of God for Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth. Rom. 10:3, 4–10.
That we might be justified by the faith of Christ. Gal. 2:16.

To declare his righteousness for remission of sins. Rom. 3:25, 26.

Who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption. I Cor. 1:30; Rom. 10:10.

To whom it (righteousness) shall be imputed, if we believe in him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead … for our justification. Rom. 4:24, 25.

That we might be made the righteousness of God in him. 2 Cor. 5:21.

Which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith. Phil. 3:9.

The just shall live by faith. Rom. 1:17; 10:6.

Being justified freely by his grace, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus. Rom. 3:24.

All scripture (is) given by inspiration of God … for instruction in righteousness. 2 Tim. 3:16.

THE MYSTERY CONTAINED IN THE SIGNIFICATION OF THE NAMES OF THE PATRIARCHS GENEALOGICALLY GIVEN

Adam, earthly (man)—Sheth, placed (on earth)—Enos, mortal (through sin)—Kenan, miserable (under sentence of death).

Mahalaleel, The illumination of God (the true Light)—Jered, shall descend—Henoch, disciplined, dedicated (as a sacrifice)—Methuselah, he has sent his death.

Lamech, afflicted (ones)—Noah, rest, consolation (will be given).

SEE I CHRON. 1:13
_______

JESUS, THE SON OF GOD

God sent forth his Son made of a woman. Gal. 4:4.

Sent his only begotten Son into the world. 1 John 4:9.

He shall be called the Son of the Highest. Luke 1:32, 35.

This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Matt. 3:17.

Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee. I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son. Heb. 1:5.

And I saw and bare record that this is the Son of God. John 1:34.

If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down. Matt. 4:6.

If thou be the Son of God, come down from the cross … for he said, I am the Son of God. Matt. 27:40, 43.

Say ye of him … Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God? John 10:36.

Condemned already, because he had not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3:18.

By our law he ought to die, because he made himself the Son of God. John 19:7.

_______

Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed? Mark 14:61.

Art thou then the Son of God? And he said unto them, Ye say that I am. Luke 22:70.

Truly this man was the Son of God. Mark 15:39.

Rabbi, thou art the Son of God. John 1:49.

Dost thou believe on the Son of God? John 9:35.

Of a truth, thou art the Son of God. Matt. 14:33.

Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God. I John 4:15.

He that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God. I John 5:5.

These things are written that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. John 20:31.

I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. Acts 8:37.

He preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God. Acts 9:20.

Declared to be the Son of God with power. Rom. 1:4.

When he bringeth again (see Marg.) the first begotten into the world. Heb. 1:6.

Unto the Son, he saith, Thy throne, O God, is forever and ever. Heb. 1:8.

Then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him (the Father). I Cor. 15:28.

SIN: ITS CONSEQUENCES AND REMOVAL

Heb. 2:14 Rom. 8:3
“Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise partook of the same;
that through death
he might destroy him
“God sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh,and for sin (in the margin, by a sacrifice for sin), condemned sin in the flesh, ”“put away sin.” Heb. 9:26.
that had the power of death, SIN hath reigned unto death. Rom. 5:21.
SIN bringeth forth deathJas. 1:15.
The STING of death is SIN. I Cor. 15:56.
Death by SIN. Rom. 5:12.
The WAGES of SIN is death. Rom. 6:23.
that is, the DEVIL.” (diabolos, accuser) “The CARNAL MIND is enmity against God. It is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.” Rom. 8:7.
“By one man (Adam) SIN entered into the world.” Rom. 5:12. “The Lamb of God, which taketh away the SIN of the world.” John 1:29.
“He (Jesus) was manifested to take away our sins.” 1 John 3:5.
“SO SIN hath REIGNED unto death.” Rom. 5:21. “So might grace REIGN through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.” Rom. 5:21.
“Now the WORKS OF THE FLESH are manifest, which are these: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like.” Gal. 5:19, 21. “For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy THE WORKS OF THE DEVIL” (diabolos) … I John 3:8.
“For ALL that is in the world, the LUST of the FLESH, and the LUST of the EYES, and the PRIDE OF LIFE [no superhuman devil, mortal or immortal], is of the world.” I John 2:16. “But every man is tempted when he is drawn away of his own lust and enticed.”
“He that soweth to his FLESH shall of the FLESH reap corruption; and he that soweth to the spirit, shall of the spirit reap life everlasting.” Gal. 6:8James 1:14.

_______ 

THE ATONEMENT

UNDER THE OLD COVENANT.

Whereupon, neither the first testament was dedicated without blood. Heb. 9:18.

Moses—saying, This is the blood of the testament which God hath enjoined unto you. vs. 20.

For the life of the flesh is in the blood; and I have given it (blood of animals) to you upon the altar to make atonement for your souls; for it is the blood that maketh atonement for the soul. Lev. 17:11.

(How much more should not the blood of Christ atone for us.)

And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding blood is no remission. Heb. 9:22.

Thou shalt offer every, day a bullock for a sin offering, for atonement. Exo. 29:36.

Once in a year, with the blood of the sin offering of atonement. Exo. 30:10.

The priest shall make atonement for sin that he hath committed, and it shall be forgiven him. Lev. 4:35.

Then shall he kill the goat of the sin offering for the people … an atonement for himself and for his household, and for all the congregation of Israel. Lev. 16:15, 17.

And the live (scape) goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities. Lev. 16:20–22.

To make an atonement … for all their sins once a year. Lev. 16:34.

A ram without blemish … for a trespass offering … and the priest shall make an atonement for him before the Lord; and it shall be forgiven him. Lev. 6:6, 7.

Atonement signifies reconciliation; therefore all sacrifices were in no instance substitutionary, but “for” or “on account off” sin committed.

Sacrifices offered continually never made perfect (i.e., forever, as the great sacrifice; see Heb. 10:10–14) … in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year. Heb. 10:1–3; 10:11.
_______

UNDER THE NEW COVENANT.

From the time Jesus became the saving name (i.e., the covering for sin) to A.D. 70, the temple service or Mosaic ritual and priesthood continued on, but in a decaying condition (Heb. 8:13); therefore, the yearly and daily sacrifices accomplished nothing more; for the Jewish nation having killed their Prince of Life, was in reality “broken off” (Rom. 11:19), though outwardly “all things continued as they were from the beginning.” It can readily be seen that every high priest ministering in the temple those “burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin, thou hadst no pleasure,” which were still being offered up when the Epistles were written, and therefore “never did take away sin,” because Jesus had already “taken away the first (Mosaic) and established the second” or new (Abrahamic) covenant. “He hath made the first old. Now, that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away”; whereas those sacrifices previous to the rejection of the Messiah were effectual in obtaining “remission of sins” (see Heb. 9:20, 22), if they “ceased to do evil, learned to do well, and followed righteousness” otherwise Jehovah delighteth “not in the blood of bullocks or of lambs.” Isa. 1:12–18.

Jesus, as the great anti-typical sacrifice, was the end of law for righteousness (Rom. 10:4; Col. 2:14); therefore, the old (Mosaic) covenant being no longer in force, these sacrifices ceased to atone for sin.
_______