Chart—Development of the Yahweh Name

The Great Drama

Chart—Duration of the Kingdom of Men

INDEX RERUM:

A READY REFERENCE ON BIBLICAL SUBJECTS

MAN’S RELATION TO GOD, THE FATHER OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST PATERNAL ASPECT:

I ascend unto my Father and your Father, and to my God and your God. John 20:17

That ye may be the children of your Father which is in Heaven. Mat. 5:45

But love your enemies and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again, and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest, for He is kind to the unthankful and to the evil. Be ye therefore merciful as your Father also is merciful. Luke 6:35, 36

For ye are all the children of God, BY FAITH in Christ Jesus. Gal. 3:26

We, (the faithful) are the children of God. Rom. 8:16

Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children, and walk in love. Eph. 5:1–2

Touch not the unclean thing and I will receive you, and will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty. 2 Cor. 6:18

But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God. Rom. 8:14

That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God … among whom ye shine as lights in the world. Phil. 2:15

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God; therefore, the world knoweth us not, because it knew Him not. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be; but we know that, when He shall appear (i.e., Christ) we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is. And every man that hath this hope in Him purifieth himself, even as He is pure. 1 John 3:1–3

Marvel not that I said unto you, ye must be born again. Except a man be born again, he cannot see the Kingdom of God. John 3:3, 7

As many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His Name; which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. John 1:12–13

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God; and everyone that loveth Him that begat loveth Him that is begotten of Him. By this we know that we love the the children of God, when we love God and keep His commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world, and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our FAITH. Who is he that overcometh the world but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God? 1 John 5:1–5

OUR RELATIONSHIP TO ABRAHAM, THROUGH CHRIST, HIS SEED.

PATERNAL ASPECT:

He (Abraham) received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had, yet being uncircumcised, that he might be the father of all them that BELIEVE, though they be not circumcised, that righteousness might be imputed unto them also. The father also of those who walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised. For the promise that he should be heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed through the law, but through the righteousness of FAITH. Therefore, it is of faith, that it might be by grace, to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed, not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the FAITH OF ABRAHAM, who is the father of us all. As it is written, I have (by promise) made thee (Abraham) a father of many nations, before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things that be not as though they were. Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations. Rom. 4:11–13; 4:16–18

Now to Abraham and his seed were the PROMISES made. He saith not and to seeds as of many, but as of ONE, and to thy seed, WHICH IS CHRIST … and if ye be Christ’s then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the Promise. Gal. 3:29

Now we brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of Promise. Gal. 4:28

OUR RELATIONSHIP TO JESUS, SON OF THE LIVING GOD.

FRATERNAL ASPECT:

The King, (Christ) shall say, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these, my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matt. 25:40

Then said Jesus unto them, Be not afraid; go tell my brethren that they go into Galileo, and there shall they see me. Matt. 28:10

Go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my father, and your father, and to my God, and your God. John 20:17

For whom He did foreknow, He also did predestinate, to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the first-born among many brethren. Rom. 8:29

Have we not power to lead about a sister, a wife, as well as other apostles, and as the brethren of the Lord? 1 Cor. 9:5

To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ, which are at Colossee: Grace be unto you and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Col. 1:2

For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of One, for which cause He is not ashamed to call them brethren. Heb. 2:11

GOD, THE FATHER OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST

UPON OUR KNOWLEDGE OF GOD DEPENDS OUR FUTURE EXISTENCE:

Jesus said; This is life eternal, that they might KNOW THEE, the ONLY TRUE GOD, and Jesus Christ, whom Thou hast sent. John 17:3

A certain lawyer stood up and tempted Him (Christ) saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?… And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbor as thyself. Luke 10:25, 27

Jesus said, They that worship Him (God) must worship Him in truth. John 4:24

To the nation of Israel God spoke through Moses, saying, Thou shalt have NONE OTHER gods but ME. Ex. 34:14 Jesus repeated this in Mark 12:29. One of the scribes came and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that He had answered them well, asked Him, Which is the first commandment of all? And Jesus answered: The first of all the commandments is: Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God is ONE LORD; And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength; this is the first commandment. Mark 12:28–30

The prophet Isaiah spoke “BEFORE ME (GOD) there was NO GOD FORMED, and neither shall there be AFTER ME. Isa. 43:10

Thus saith the Lord of Hosts, I am the first, and I am the last, and BESIDE ME THERE IS NO GOD. Isa. 44:6

Paul, the Apostle, said: There is NONE OTHER GOD BUT ONE. 1 Cor. 8:4 Again in Eph. 4:6, we read, THERE IS ONE GOD and Father of all (those “that believe”), who is above ALL.

Israel had this lesson to learn, as recorded in Deut. 4:39, The Lord our God is ONE LORD, and beside Him, THERE IS NONE ELSE. Know this and consider it in thine heart, that the LORD, HE IS GOD in heaven above and upon the earth beneath; there is NONE ELSE.

Paul said to the believers of Galatia, GOD IS ONE (Gal. 3:20). THERE IS ONE GOD AND ONE MEDIATOR BETWEEN GOD AND MAN, THE MAN CHRIST JESUS. 1 Tim. 2:5

Now unto the KING, ETERNAL, IMMORTAL, INVISIBLE, THE ONLY WISE GOD, be honor and glory forever and ever. 1 Tim. 1:17

GOD HAS NO EQUAL, for HE says: I am God and there is none like me. Isa. 46:9 Also, to whom will ye liken ME or SHALL I BE EQUAL? saith the Holy One. Isa. 40:1, 25

Lord God of Israel, there is no God like thee in heaven above, or in the earth beneath. 1 Kings 8:23

I am the Lord and there is none else; there is no God beside ME … That they may know from the rising of the sun and from the west, that there is none BESIDE ME. I am the Lord, that created the heavens, God Himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it. He created it not in vain. He formed it to be inhabited. I am the Lord, and there is none else. Isa. 45:5, 6, 18

In speaking to the believers Paul said: Though there be that ARE CALLED GODS, whether in heaven or in earth (as there be gods many and lords many), but to us there is but ONE GOD, THE FATHER, of whom are all things and we by Him, and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things and we by Him. 1 Cor. 8:5, 6

JESUS CHRIST, THE SON OF GOD AND SON OF MAN

The angel, in speaking to the virgin Mary, said: The Holy Spirit shall come upon thee and the POWER of the Highest, shall overshadow thee; therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God. Luke 1:35. The angel, Gabriel, was sent from God to a virgin, espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David, and the virgin’s name was Mary—And the angel came in unto her and said, Hail, thou that art highly favored; the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou among women. And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying … and the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary, for thou hast found favor with God. And, behold thou shalt conceive in thy womb and bring forth a son, and shalt call His name Jesus. He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest, and the Lord God shall give unto Him the throne of His father David, and He shall reign over the house of Jacob, forever, and of His Kingdom there shall be no end. Luke 1:26–35

The angel of the Lord appeared unto Joseph, saying, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit. And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call His name Jesus, for He shall save His people from their sins. Matt. 1:18–25

Paul said, Jesus was made of the seed of David according to the flesh, and declared to be the Son of God, with POWER, by the resurrection from the dead. Rom. 1:4

We also have the testimony of Paul in speaking to the Hebrews: Jesus was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death. Heb. 2:9 Also, that God sent forth His Son, made of a woman, made under the law. Gal. 4:4. He, (Christ) took not on Him the nature of angels, for in all things it behoved Him to be made like unto His brethren. As they were partakers of flesh and blood, He also Himself likewise took part of the same. Heb. 2:9, 14, 16, 17. Christ was the ONLY BEGOTTEN Son of God, the Father. 1 John 4:9

Jesus Himself, said, Why callest thou me good? There is none good, but ONE: THAT IS GOD. Mark 10:18

He (Jesus) was in all points tempted like as we are yet without sin. James 1:13; Heb. 4:15

When the fullness of time was come God sent forth His Son, made of a woman, made under the law. Gal. 4:4

Now, ye seek to kill me, a MAN that hath told you the TRUTH, which I have heard of God. John 8:40

Christ is spoken of by the Prophet Isaiah 53:3, as “a MAN OF sorrows and acquainted with grief.” Also, “through this man is preached the forgiveness of sins.” Acts 13:38

Jesus is now “at the right hand of God, as the “One Mediator BETWEEN GOD AND MAN, the man Christ Jesus.” 1 Tim. 2:5

Christ is spoken of as “The Resurrection”. For since by man came death (Adam); by MAN (CHRIST), came also the resurrection of the dead. 1 Cor. 15:2. Later, the world will be judged by THAT man whom God hath ordained, the man Christ Jesus. Acts 17:31

Jesus was made perfect through suffering. Heb. 2:10

Christ as smitten of God and afflicted. Isa. 53:4

He increased in wisdom and favour with God and man. Luke 2:52

Jesus Himself said, I do nothing of myself. John 14:28. My Father is GREATER THAN I. John 14:28

Jesus was saved out of that which He feared and learned obedience by the things which He suffered. Heb. 5:7–8

Christ was the one man destined by God to die for the sins of the people, and so, God spared not His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all. John 11:50, 51 Rom. 8:32

God sent His son to be the propitiation for our sins. 1 John 4:10

It was God’s Son who made His soul an offering for sin—who was cut off out of the land of the living, and who made His grave with the wicked and with the rich in His death. It was God’s Son who was brought as a lamb to the slaughter. Isa. 53:6–10

For though He were a Son, yet learned He obedience by the things which He suffered. Heb. 5:1, 8. When He had by Himself, purged our sins, God raised Him from the dead and set Him at His own right hand in the heavenly places. Eph. 1:20

For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities, but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Heb. 4:15

Jesus said to Mary: Go to my brethren and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father and your Father, to my God and your God. John 20:17

After Christ’s ascension, Stephen (later a martyr), was permitted to see the heavens were opened and He saw the glory of God and Jesus standing on the right hand of God. Acts 7:55, 56

Then cometh the end, when the Son shall have delivered up the Kingdom to God, even the Father … for He must reign till He hath put all enemies under His feet. When all things shall be subdued unto Him, then shall the Son also Himself be subject unto Him (GOD), that put all things under Him, THAT GOD MAY BE ALL IN ALL. 1 Cor. 15:24–28

The Jews sought the more to kill Him (Jesus) because He not only had broken the sabbath but said also that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God. THEN ANSWERED JESUS AND SAID UNTO THEM, Verily, verily, I say unto you, THE SON CAN DO NOTHING OF HIMSELF … For the Father loveth the Son and sheweth Him all things that Himself doeth, and He will shew Him greater works than these, that ye may marvel. For as the Father raiseth up the dead and quickeneth them, even so the Son quickeneth whom He will. For the Father judgeth no man but hath committed all judgment unto the Son. I can of mine own self do nothing. As I hear, I judge, and my judgment is just, because I seek not mine own will but the will of the Father which hath sent me. John 5:18–22

Jesus answered them, I told you and ye believed not. The works that I do in my Father’s name; they bear witness of me. But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. My sheep hear my voice and I know them, and they follow me; and I give unto them eternal life, and they shall never perish … MY FATHER IS GREATER THAN ALL. John 10:25–28

Jesus said: My doctrine is not mine; but His that sent me. If any man will do His will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself. I do nothing of myself, but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things. For I do always those things that please Him. John 8:28

Say ye of Him, whom the Father hath sanctified and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest because I said I am THE SON OF GOD? If I do not the works of my Father believe me not. But if I do, though ye believe not me believe the works, that ye may know and believe that the Father is in me and I in Him. John 10:36–38. I and my Father are one (John 10:30)

For He did always those things which pleased the Father. I pray not for the world but for those whom thou hast given me for they are thine. And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; for I am glorified in them. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are. I have given them Thy Word. I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. Sanctify them THROUGH THY TRUTH: THY WORD IS TRUTH, THAT THEY ALL MAY BE ONE, AS THOU FATHER ART IN ME, AND I IN THEE, THAT THEY ALSO MAY BE ONE IN US, that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. And the glory thou gavest me, I have given (and will give) them, that they may be one, even as we are one. I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one. John 17th chapter

This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Matt. 3:17

Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee. I will be to Him a Father, and He shall be to me a Son. Heb. 1:5

And I saw and bare record that this is the Son of God. John 1:34

Truly this man was the Son of God. Mark 15:39

Rabbi, thou art the Son of God. John 1:49

Of a truth, thou art the Son of God. Matt. 14:33

Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God. 1 John 4:15

Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God. 1 John 5:5

These things are written that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. John 20:31

I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. Acts 8:37

He preached Christ in the synagogues, that He is the Son of God. Acts 9:20

Jesus said: This is LIFE ETERNAL, THAT THEY MAY KNOW THEE, THE ONLY TRUE GOD, AND JESUS CHRIST, WHOM THOU HAST SENT. John 17:3

Christ also said: FOR MY FATHER IS GREATER THAN I. John 14:28

THERE IS ONE LORD, ONE FAITH, ONE BAPTISM, ONE GOD AND FATHER OF ALL, WHO IS ABOVE ALL … and in you all (i.e., by Faith in Christ Jesus). Eph. 4:5–6

Above supplement added in 1963.

Publisher

INDEX RERUM:

A READY REFERENCE ON BIBLICAL SUBJECTS

THE PROMISES

Unto a land that I will shew thee (Abraham). Gen. 12:1.

Into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance. Heb. 11:8.

Arise, walk through the land; for I will give it unto thee. Gen. 13:17.

By faith he sojourned in the land of promise. Heb. 11:9.

Whereby shall I know that I shall inherit it? Gen. 15:7–15.

And he gave him none inheritance in it, no, not so much as to set his foot on; yet he promised that he would give it him. Acts 7:5.

For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise, but God gave it to Abraham by promise. Gal. 3:18.

It cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect. Gal. 3:17.

For the promise that he should be heir of the world. Rom. 4:13.

And in thee (Abraham) shall all the families of the earth be blessed. Gen. 12:3.

All nations of the earth shall be blessed in him. (Abraham) Gen. 18:18.

Preached before (“the” omit, see Diaglott) gospel (i.e., glad tidings) unto Abraham, saying, in thee shall all nations be blessed. Gal. 3:8.

_______

Sojourn in this land … for unto thee, (Isaac) and unto thy seed, (see Gal. 3:16) I will give all these countries. Gen. 26:3.

That thou (Jacob) mayest inherit the land wherein thou art a stranger. Gen. 28:4.

Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him (Abraham) of the same promise. Heb. 11:9.

These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off. Heb. 11:13.

Will receive them at the resurrection, (see Matt. 22:31, 32)

When ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the Kingdom of God. Luke 13:28, 29.

Thou wilt perform the truth to Jacob, and the mercy to Abraham. Mic. 7:20.

To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant: the oath which he sware to our father Abraham. Luke 1:72, 73.

_______

THE SEED:

PERSONAL AND MYSTICAL

Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made … And to thy seed which is Christ. Gal. 3:16.

For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed forever. Gen. 13:15.

It (the low) was added … till the seed should come to whom the promise was made. Gal. 3:19.

And we declare unto you glad tidings, how that the promise (of the seed) which was made unto the fathers, God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he raised up Jesus again. Acts 13:32, 33.

For the hope of the promise (of the seed) made unto our fathers; unto which promise our twelve tribes … hope to come. Acts 26:6, 7.

For the hope of Israel (the promised seed—Jesus) I am bound with this chain. Acts 28:20.

And thy (Abraham’s) seed shall possess the gate of his enemies. Gen. 22:17 (Gen. 3:15.)

And in thy seed shall all the families of the earth be blessed. Gen. 22:18.

And in thy (Isaac’s) seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed. Gen. 26:4.

The land whereon thou liest, to thee (Jacob) will I give it, and to thy seed. Gen. 28:13.

In thee (Jacob) and in thy seed shall all the families of the earth be bleseed. Gen. 28:14.

Jesus Christ confirmed the promises made unto the fathers. Rom. 15:8.

Mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises. Heb. 8:6.

For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen. 2 Cor. 1:20.
_______

And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise. Gal. 3:29.

The children of the promise are counted for the seed. Rom. 9:8.

The same are the children of Abraham. Gal 3:7.

To the end the promise might be sure to all the seed … but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all. Rom. 4:16.

That he might be the father of all them that believe—who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham. Rom. 4:11, 12.

Wherein God, willing more abundantly to shew unto the heirs of promise. Heb. 6:17. Heirs of God, and joint heirs with Christ. Rom. 8:17.

And these all … received not the promise … that they without us should not be made perfect. Heb. 11:39, 40.
_______

THE NATIONS BLESSED

In thee (Abraham) shall all nations be blessed. Gal. 3:8.

And in thy seed (see Gal. 3:16–29) shall all the nations of the earth be blessed. Gen. 22:18.

All men shall be blessed in him; all nations shall call him blessed. Psa. 72:17.

And all nations shall bless themselves in him, and in him shall they glory. Jer. 4:2.

_______

Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more. Isa. 2:4; Mic. 4:3.

He maketh wars to cease. Psa. 46:9.

And he shall speak peace to the heathen. Zec. 9:10.

And abundance of peace so long as the moon endureth. Psa. 72:7.

On earth peace, and good will, towards men. Luke 2:14.

_______

There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days; for the child shall die an hundred years old. Isa. 65.20.

And hath filled the hungry with good things. Luke 1:53.

And satisfied the desire of every living thing. Psa. 145:16.

_______

O let the nations be glad, and sing for joy. Psa. 67:4.

Let the multitude of the isles be glad thereof. Psa. 97:1.

They shall abundantly utter the memory of thy great goodness, and sing of thy righteousness. Psa. 145:7.

Mercy and truth are met together; righteousness and peace have kissed each other. Psa. 85:10.

One generation shall praise thy works to another, and shall declare thy mighty acts. Psa. 145:4.

My name shall be great among the nations. Mal. 1:11.

Make a joyful noise unto God, all ye lands; sing forth the honour of his name; make his praise glorious. Psa. 66:1, 2.

_______

⇒ PROMISE—Possess the gate of his enemies. See “Lion of the tribe of Judah.”

_______

THE LAND OF PALESTINE

My covenant with Abraham will I remember; I will remember the land. Lev. 26:42.

The land of promise. Heb. 11:9.

A land which the Lord thy God careth for: the eyes of the Lord thy God are always upon it. Deut. 11:12.

Then will the Lord be jealous for his land—The Lord’s land. Joel 2:18; Hos. 9:3.

Fear not, O land; … for the Lord will do great things. Joel 2:21.

And will be merciful to his land. Deut. 32:43.

Break forth into joy, sing together, ye waste places of Jerusalem. Isa. 52:9.

They shall build up the old wastes … the desolations of many generations. Isa. 61:4.

Whereas thou hast been forsaken and hated, so that no man passed through thee, I will make thee an eternal excellency. Isa. 60:15.

“The mountains of Israel which have always been waste,” (Eze. 38:8; 33:28, 29, ) as predicted by Moses, that “the land enjoy her Sabbaths … and ye be in your enemies’ land” (Lev. 26:34, 35), and further, “Even all the nations shall say, Wherefore hath the Lord done thus unto this land? What meaneth the heat of this great anger?” Deut. 29:24–27. And again, “Upon the land of my people shall come up thorns and briars.” Isa. 32:13.

_______

The desolate land shall be tilled, whereas it lay desolate in the sight of all that passed by, and they shall say, This land that was desolate is become like the garden of Eden. Eze. 36:34–36.

Thou shalt no more be termed Forsaken; neither shall thy land any more be termed Desolate … but thy land Beulah. Isa. 62:4.

He will comfort all her waste places; and he will make her wilderness like Eden, and her desert like the garden of the Lord. Isa. 51:3.

The wilderness and the solitary place shall be glad for them; and the desert shall rejoice, and blossom as the rose. Isa. 35:1, 6, 7.

I give waters in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert, to give drink to my people. Isa. 43:19, 20.

And the wilderness be a fruitful field, and the fruitful field be counted for a forest. Isa. 32:15.

Instead of the thorn shall come up the fir tree, and instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle tree. Isa. 5 5:13.

I will dwell in the midst of thee—his portion in the holy land. Zec. 2:10, 12.

He shall execute judgment and righteousness in the land. Jer. 33:15.

Our land shall yield her increase. Psa. 85:12.

Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that the plowman shall overtake the reaper, and the treader of grapes him that soweth seed. Amos 9:13.

There shall be an handful of corn in the earth upon the top of the mountains; the fruit thereof shall shake like Lebanon. Psa. 72:16.

And ye shall dwell in the land … and I will call for corn, and will increase it, and lay no famine upon you. Eze. 36:28, 29.

For the seed shall be prosperous; the vine shall give her fruit, and the ground shall yield her increase. Zec. 8:12.

And the tree of the field shall yield her fruit, and the earth shall yield her increase, and they shall be safe in the land. Eze. 34:27.

And he shall cause to come down for you the former and the latter rain. Joel 2:23.

And the fruit of the earth shall be excellent and comely for them that are escaped of Israel. Isa. 4:2.

For ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the Lord. Mal. 3:12.

_______

THE PROMISED REST

Once offered Israel after the flesh (Heb. 4:1, 6)—which was the land of promise (Num. 14:8; Heb. 11:9)—and to become “a kingdom of priests” therein (Exo. 19:6)—“Not being mixed with faith” (Heb. 4:2)—“My breach of promise”—“altering of my purpose” (see Marg.) (Num. 14:34). Not allowing them to enter in, “their carcasses fell in the wilderness” (Heb. 3:17)—“Therefore the rest remaineth for the people of God,” the Israelites indeed (Heb. 4:9).

OFFERED THROUGH CHRIST

“Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein” (Heb. 4:6)—“for unto us was the gospel preached as well as unto them” (4:2)—being likewise offered “the royal priesthood” (I Pet. 2:9; Rev. 5:10)—“if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast unto the end” (Heb. 3:14)—will enter the land of rest, and rule therein (Luke 22:30) and “the dominion and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven” (Dan. 7:27)—when “the kingdom shall come to the daughter of Jerusalem” (Mic. 4:8)—as “the Most High giveth it to whomsoever he will” (Dan. 4:25)—“For all the earth is mine” (Exo. 19:5)—which “shall be filled with the glory of the Lord” (Num. 14:21; Isa. 11:9; Hab. 2:14.

What the fathers of Israel under Moses might have obtained without dying in the wilderness, spiritual Israel through Christ will gain by resurrection, (and those alive at his coming) THE REST and the glory appertaining thereto.

Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the example of unbelief. Heb. 4:11.

For the Lord has chosen Zion … this is my rest forever; here will I dwell; for I have desired it. Psa. 132:13, 14.

I will take my rest, and I will consider in my dwelling place. Isa. 18:4.

His rest shall be glorious. Isa. 11:10.
_______

THE KINGDOM OF GOD OR KINGDOM OF ISRAEL IN THE PAST

The Lord shall rule over you. Judg. 8:23.

But they rejected me, that I should not reign over them. I Sam. 8:7—When the Lord God was your king. I Sam. 12:12.

Behold the king (Saul) whom ye have chosen. I Sam. 12:13.

The Lord hath rent the kingdom of Israel from thee (Saul) this day. I Sam. 15:26–28.

But chose the tribe of Judah … he chose David. Psa. 78:68–70.

Among the sons of my father (Jesse) he liked me to make me king over all Israel. I Chron. 28:4.

He hath chosen Solomon, my son, to sit upon the throne of the kingdom of the Lord. I Chron. 28:5.

Then Solomon sat on the throne of the Lord as king instead of David. I Chron. 29:23.

Which delighted in thee, to set thee on his throne, to be king for the Lord thy God. II Chron. 9:8.

_______

THE THRONE OVERTURNED BY THE BABYLONIANS

Remove the diadem, and take off the crown … It shall be no more, until he comes whose right it is, and I will give it him. Eze. 21:25–27.

We have no king, because we feared not the Lord. Hos. 10:3.

The crown is fallen from our head. Lam. 5:16.

The throne of thy glory disgraced. Jer. 14:21.

Thou hast profaned his crown by casting it to the ground. Psa. 89:38–46.

For the children of Israel shall abide many days without a king. Hos. 3:4.

Afterwards shall seek the Lord their God, and David their king … in the latter days. Hos. 3:5; Jer. 30:9; Eze. 34:23, 24; 37:24.

_______

THE KINGDOM OVERTHROWN BY THE ROMANS

The kingdom of God shall be taken away from you. Matt. 21:43.

The people of thy holiness have possessed it but a little while. Isa. 63:17–19.

The place of his sanctuary cast down. Dan. 8:12–14.

They have defiled by casting down the dwelling place of thy name to the ground. Psa. 74:7.

Jerusalem a desolation, our holy and our beautiful house, where our fathers praised thee, is burned with fire. Isa. 64:10, 11.

They shall not leave in thee one stone upon another. Luke 19:44.

How long, Lord? Wilt thou be angry for ever? Psa. 79:5.

Behold your house is left unto you desolate—Ye shall not see me henceforth until. Matt. 23:38, 39.

Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles until. Luke 21:24.

_______

THE THRONE AND KINGDOM RESTORED

Thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear. Luke 19:11.

Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? Acts 1:6.

The time came to possess the kingdom. Dan. 7:22.

For the time to favour her (Zion), yea, the set time, is come. Psa. 102:13.

Will build again the tabernacle of David … as in the days of old. Amos 9:11; Acts 15:16.

When the Lord shall build up Zion, he shall appear in his glory. Psa. 102:16.

Behold the man whose name is The Branch … he shall build the temple of the Lord. Zec. 6:12.

Sit thou on my right hand, until. Psa. 110:1.

Until the restitution of all things. Acts 3:21.

For unto the angels hath he not put in subjection the world to come. Heb. 2:5.

But now we see not yet all things put under him. Heb. 2:8.

In the dispensation of the fullness of times he might gather together in one all things. Eph. 1:10.

In the regeneration, when the Son of man shall sit upon the throne of his glory. Matt. 19:28.

Then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory. Matt. 25:31.

Even he (the Branch) shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne. Zec. 6:13.

The place of my throne, and the place of the soles of my feet, where I will dwell. Eze. 43:7.

To beautify the place of my sanctuary, and I will make the place of my feet glorious. Isa. 60:13, 17.

At that time they shall call Jerusalem the throne of the Lord. Jer. 3:17.

At my table in my kingdom—In my throne. Luke 22:30; Rev. 3:21.

When the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory. Matt. 19:28.

A kingdom as my Father hath appointed unto me. Luke 22:29.

But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever. Heb. 1:8.

I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever. 2 Sam. 7:12–14.

_______

He shall have dominion also from sea to sea. Psa. 72:8.

I will set his hand also in the sea, and his right hand in the rivers. Psa. 89:25.

Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession. Psa. 2:8.

Arise, O God, judge the earth, for thou shalt inherit all nations. Psa. 82:8.

He will judge (or rule) the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained. Acts. 17:31.

Just and true are thy ways, thou King of (lit.) nations. Rev. 15:3.

Thou hast made me the head of the heathen. Psa. 18:43.

Also I will make him my first born, higher than the kings of the earth. Psa. 89:27.

For thou shalt judge the people righteously, and govern the nations upon the earth. Psa. 67:4.

Upon himself shall his crown flourish. Psa. 132:18.

The Prince of the kings of the earth—King of kings and Lord of lords. Rev. 1:5; 19:16.
_______

When the people are gathered together, and the kingdoms, to serve the Lord. Psa. 102:22.

For the nation and kingdom that will not serve thee shall perish. Isa. 60:12.

I will overthrow the throne of kingdoms, and I will destroy the strength of the kingdoms of the heathen. Hag. 2:22.

And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed. Dan. 2:44.

A kingdom which cannot be moved. Heb. 12:28.

I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come. Luke 22:18, 19.

The kingdom shall come to the daughter of Jerusalem. Mic. 4:8.

And the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces (or “thou shalt dash them in pieces,” Psa. 2:9), and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever. Dan. 2:44.

And of his kingdom there shall be no end. Luke 1:33.
_______

The stone … became (or “increase of his government,” Isa. 9:7) a great mountain, and filled the whole earth. Dan. 2:35.

(“The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner”—On whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder. Matt. 21:42, 44).

From thence is the shepherd, the stone of Israel. Gen 49:24.

_______

Thy kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and thy dominion endureth throughout all generations. Psa. 145:13.

The sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre. Psa. 45:6.

My kingdom is not of this (Jewish) world. John 18:36.

“In these last days spoken unto us by his Son,” (Heb. 1:2, ) who became a sacrifice “in the end of the world,” (Heb. 9:26). “Upon whom the ends of the world are come,” (I Cor. 10:11). “Waxeth old and ready to vanish away,” (Heb. 8:13. See also “Heavens and Earth Symbolic”).

The kingdom and dominion, and greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven. Dan. 7:27.

The kingdoms of this world become the kingdoms of our Lord and his Christ. Rev. 11:15.

And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations and languages should serve him. Dan. 7:14.

And the kingdom shall be the Lord’s. Obad. 21.

Whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him. Dan. 7:27.

They shall speak of the glory of thy kingdom, and talk of thy power … the glorious majesty of thy kingdom. Psa. 145:11, 12; 4:6.

Then cometh the end (of the glorious reign over the mortal nations), when he shall have delivered up the kingdom (in its Melchisedec constitution) to God, even the Father. I Cor. 15:24.

_______

JERUSALEM

Jerusalem shall be trodden down until. Luke 21:24.

Jerusalem become heaps—but in the last days. Mic. 3:12; 4:1.

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem. Psa. 122:6.

Give him no rest, till he establish, and till he make Jerusalem a praise in the earth. Isa. 62:6, 7.

Yet will I not forget thee—thy walls are continually before me. Isa. 49:15, 16.

For Zion’s sake will I not hold my peace, for Jerusalem’s sake will I not rest, until. Isa. 62:1.

_______

And Jerusalem be pleasant unto the Lord, as in the days of old. Mal. 3:4.

Thy servants take pleasure in her stones. Psa. 102:14.

Glorious things are spoken of thee, O city of God. Psa. 87:3.

In that day it shall be said to Jerusalem, Fear thou not. Zeph. 3:16.

So will the Lord of hosts defend Jerusalem … he will preserve it. Isa. 31:5.

Put on thy beautiful garments, O Jerusalem—Shake thyself from the dust. Isa. 52:2, 1.

Thou shalt also be a crown of glory, in the hand of the Lord: Isa. 62:3.

Break forth into joy, sing together, ye waste places of Jerusalem. Isa. 52:9.

And the sons of strangers shall build up thy walls.—Thy gates shall be open continually. Isa. 60:10, 11.

And the city shall be built upon her own heap. Jer. 30:18.

Thine eyes shall see Jerusalem a quiet habitation. Isa. 33:20.

When the Lord of hosts shall reign in Mount Zion, and in Jerusalem. Isa. 24:23.

Behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy. Isa. 65:18, 19.

The Lord is exalted … he hath filled Zion with judgment and righteousness. Isa. 33:5.

_______

And thou shalt be called by a new name, which the mouth of the Lord shall name. Isa. 62:2.

And thou shalt be called, Sought out, A city not forsaken. Isa. 62:12.

And the name of the city from that day shall be, The Lord is there. Eze. 48:35.

And Jerusalem shall be called a city of truth … and the holy mountain. Zec. 8:3.

They shall call thee, The city of the Lord—I will make thee an eternal excellency, a joy of many generations, Isa. 60:14, 15.

_______

For out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem. Isa. 2:3; Mic. 4:2.

But Judah shall dwell for ever, and Jerusalem from generation to generation. Joel 3:20.

For in Mount Zion and Jerusalem shall be deliverance. Joel 2:32.

The Lord also shall roar out of Zion and utter his voice from Jerusalem—then shall Jerusalem be holy. Joel 3:16, 17.

All nations shall be gathered unto it … to Jerusalem. Jer. 3:17.

This is the hill (Mount Zion) God desireth to dwell in. Psa. 68:16.

For the Lord hath chosen Zion; he hath desired it for his habitation. Psa. 132:13–17.

The Lord shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion. Psa. 110:2.

For out of thee shall come a Governor. Matt. 2:6 Mic 5:2.

And Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited again in her own place, even in Jerusalem. Zec. 12:6.

Yea, many people and strong nations shall come to seek the Lord of hosts in Jerusalem. Zec. 8:22.

All the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King. Zec. 14:17.

_______

THE COVENANT WITH DAVID

The covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips. Psa. 89:34-36.

The Lord hath sworn in truth unto David … Of the fruit of thy body will I set upon thy throne. Psa. 132:10, 11.

Thy kingdom shall be established before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever. 2 Sam. 7:16.

He would raise up Christ to sit on his throne. Acts 2:30.

Made with me an everlasting covenant … for this is all my salvation and all my desire. 2 Sam. 23:5.

Give the king thy judgments, O God, and thy righteousness unto the king’s (i.e., David’s) son. Psa. 72:1.

I will speak of the glorious honour of thy majesty. Psa. 145:5.

And the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David—and of his kingdom there shall be no end. Luke 1:32, 33.

Upon the throne of David and upon his kingdom, to order it and establish it. Isa. 9:7.

The key of David shall lay upon his shoulder. Isa. 22:22.

He that hath the key of David. Rev. 3:7.

The government shall be upon his shoulder. Isa. 9:6.

_______

At that time I will cause the Branch of righteousness … to grow up unto David. Jer. 33:15.

The Branch that thou madest strong for thyself—the son of thy right hand. Psa. 80:15, 17.

Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper—he shall be called, The Lord Our Righteousness. Jer. 23:5, 6.

Behold the man whose name is The Branch; and he shall grow up out of his place. Zec. 6:12.

I will raise up for them a plant of renown. Eze. 34:29.

_______

Blessed be the kingdom of our father David, that cometh in the name of the Lord. Mark 11:10.

David shall never want a man to sit upon the throne. Jer. 33:17.

Until Shiloh come. Gen. 49:10.

I will bring forth a seed out of Jacob, and out of Judah an inheritor. Isa. 65:9.

The root and offspring of David. Rev. 22:16.

Christ cometh of the seed of David. John 7:42.

Of this man’s (David) seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus. Acts. 13:23.

Is not this the son of David? Matt. 12:23; 22:45.

Remember Jesus Christ, of the seed of David. 2 Tim. 2:8.

And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots. Isa. 11:1, 10.

Made of the seed of David according to the flesh. Rom. 1:3.

The Lion of the tribe of Judah. Rev. 5:5.

_______

The sceptre shall not depart (forever). from Judah. Gen. 49:10.

I shall see Him, but not now … a sceptre shall rise out of Israel. Num. 24:17.

Unto the son … a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom. Heb. 1:8.

My servant shall raise up the tribes of Jacob. Isa. 49:6.

There will I make the horn of David to bud. Psa. 132:17.

And hath raised up an horn … in the house of David. Luke 1:69.

In that day will I cause the horn of the house of Israel to bud forth. Eze. 29:21.

_______

JESUS THE CHRIST

We have found the Messias; which is, being interpreted, the Christ. (See Marg.—the Anointed.) John 1:41.

Yet have I set my king (see Marg.—Anointed) upon my holy hill of Zion. Psa. 2:6.

Gathered together against … his Christ. Acts 4:26.

Against the Lord and against his anointed. Psa. 2:2.

Saul “the Lord’s Anointed” (I. Sam. 24:6; 26:9, 11, 16, 23; “Surely the Lord’s Anointed is before me” (16:6). “Anoint him (David), for this is he” (16:12, 13). “The Anointed (Zedekiah) of the Lord was taken” (Lam. 4:20).

I have ordained a lamp for mine anointed. Psa. 132:17.

How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth. Acts 10:38.

That he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord’s Christ. Luke 2:26.

Where is he that is born King of the Jews?—He demanded of them where Christ should be born. Matt. 2:2, 4.

That there is another king, one Jesus. Acts 17:7.

A king shall rule in righteousness.—To be ruler in Israel. Isa. 32:1; Mic. 5:2.

If any man should confess that he was Christ. John 9:22.

Do the rulers know indeed that this is the very Christ? John 7:26.

If we let him thus alone, all men will believe on him; the Romans will come. John 11:48.

When Christ cometh, will he do more miracles than these? John 7:31.

Others said. This is the Christ—Who art thou? John 7:41; 8:25.

I adjure thee … that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ. Mat. 26:63.

If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly. John 10:24.

Art thou the Christ? Tell us. Luke 22:67.

Art thou the King of the Jews?—Art thou King, then—Thou sayest I am a king—To this end was I born—For this cause came I into the world. John 18:33, 37.

Whosoever maketh himself king, speaketh against Cæsar. John 19:12.

Saying that he himself is Christ, a King—If thou be Christ save thyself. Luke 23:2, 39.

What shall I do, then, with Jesus, which is called Christ? Matt. 27:22.

If he be King of Israel, let him come down. Matt. 27:42.

Let Christ, the King of Israel, descend from the cross. Mark 15:32.

_______