Australia - Australasian Christadelphian Youth Conference - Sydney 2011

Resource Manager

ConfSydney11.jpg

Australasian Christadelphian Youth Conference - Sydney 2011

16 April 2011 - 24 April 2011

REAL LOVE - LIVE CHRIST.LIVE FOREVER

It’s easy to say that I have fellowship with Christ [1 John 1:6]; it’s easy to say that I know Jesus [1 John 2:4]; it’s easy to say that I’m a child of God [1 John 3:1]; it’s easy to say that I love God [1 John 4:20].

But is it real? Do these claims stack up? Do my words mean anything unless there is a decent body of evidence to back them up?

There’s no point talking about how close I am with Jesus if my path is one of darkness [1 John 1:6].

There’s no point claiming to know him if I don’t keep his commandments [1 John 2:4].

There’s no point pretending to love the God I can’t see if I can’t muster up something similar for the guy right in front of me [1 John 4:20].

There’s no point parading a title – “Son of God” – if I don’t live up to it [1 John 3:3].

Read this letter and it’s hard to miss the importance of what’s on offer – eternal life. It starts [1 John 1:2] and ends [1 John 5:13] with exactly that promise, and isn’t afraid to mention it a few times in the middle. So how do we get there? By getting to know Jesus Christ, the Son of God who really was sent [1 John 1:1, 1 John 4:2] to earth by God to live and die as the embodiment of God’s love for His creation [1 John 4:9].

Our job, struggling in the mire of a world which chooses self over God every time, which can only fade away [1 John 2:16], is to show our fellowship with Christ by walking in his footsteps [1 John 2:6]. Living like he did; loving like he did [1 John 3:16]; fully; freely; sacrificially; proactively [1 John 4:19]. If love is just a fluffy word we are wasting our time [1 John 3:18].

Cheap imitations just won’t cut it [1 John 5:21]. Instead, know the Father through the real Christ, and then show that you mean it. Because that is real love – live Christ. Live forever [1 John 5:20].

Website Link:

sydney2011.com