TFTD - March 2012

Resource Manager

28 March 2012

A Living Faith

"Time must be spent on the devoted way in which to read and contemplate the Bible every day; on how to pray; on the true value and meaning of the Breaking of Bread; on the real meaning of fellowship in our brotherhood and with the Father and His Son; on our family relationships; on our living companionship in Christian marriage; on holiness as distinct from sterile separateness; and, on what it means to live in faith and hope. And each member of Christ must be a living and willing witness to the faith he holds."

- Harry Tennant

29 March 2012

"This is the beginning of a new day. God has given me this day to use as I will. I can waste it - or use it for good,

but what I do today is important, because I am exchanging a day of my life for it. When tomorrow comes this day

will be gone forever leaving in its place something that I have traded for it. I want it to be gain and not loss,

good and not evil, success and not failure, in order that I shall not regret the price that I have paid for it."

- Dr. Heartsill Wilson

"The servant who had been given five thousand coins brought them in with the five thousand that he had earned.

He said, "Sir, you gave me five thousand coins, and I have earned five thousand more." "Wonderful!" his master replied.

"You are a good and faithful servant. I left you in charge of only a little, but now I will put you in charge of much more.

Come and share in my happiness!"

Matthew 25:20-21

30 March 2012

"If you compare the list of Old Testament people who were saved by faith in Hebrews 11 with the list of those who were saved by works in James 2 you will find that all those in James 2 are also found in Hebrews 11.

All the examples of salvation by faith in Hebrews 11 are examples where that faith was shown in action.

The conclusion:

Faith isn't something you think, or even something you feel. Faith is something you do."

- John Thorpe

TFTD, Ecclesia-Discuss

07 March 1998

31 March 2012

"It is not through the exercise of reason's powers that faith becomes weak or that those who have run well begin to stumble.

It is through the cramping cares of life, or the search for pleasure, or perhaps even the narrowness of friends.

And when believers grow weary, their drift from faith is nearly always with mere half-hearted negatives.

The habit of self-examination with a continued insistence on the simple positives might have saved them.

Life itself is an affirmation.

When hearts do not beat, and lungs do not breathe, their day is over. And when we cease to have a positive belief

by which to guide our lives, we might as well not live at all."

- Islip Collyer

Conviction and Conduct

"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen.

For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

2 Corinthians 4:18