TFTD - February 2017

Resource Manager

26 February 2017

"How comprehensive and how perfectly fitted to our needs are the exceeding riches of God’s grace in His kindness toward us through Christ Jesus! They embrace all aspects of Christ’s work on our behalf—his sacrifice, his priesthood, his kingship. May we not be amongst those who "receive this grace of God in vain", but rather that "being justified by his grace we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life."

- F.W. Turner 
Sunday Morning (1955)

27 February 2017

"The fellowship of our Saviour’s suffering is a wonderful privilege open to all who become vitally responsive to His Father’s will. God needs and seeks men and women after His own heart, not having ends of their own to serve, not having errands of their own to run, but whose whole joy it is to yield to Him, embraced by His great redemptive purpose: "Neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God" (Acts 20:24)."

- Claud Lamb

Alive Unto God (1976)

28 February 2017

"Jesus has done many wonderful things and from all of them he must have derived a great satisfaction. But there was no phase of his work which he loved more than his task as saviour and friend of men, for he came “to seek and to save that which was lost”. The compassion of Jesus entered into every part of his mission. No genuine seeker ever came to him in vain. In fact, many received of his grace who were not worthy of it. His mercies were new every morning. Nor does his departure to heaven make them inaccessible. He is just as willing to give comfort and strengthening to those who ask for it now as ever he was, and it is folly if we do not avail ourselves of his willingness. There is no need to wait for his coming in glory to seek for consolation. Now is the accepted time. Now is the time to knock that it may be opened to us."

- F.E. Mitchell 

The Son of Man (1951)