TFTD - June 2016

Resource Manager

26 June 2016   

"... God’s work proceeds through creation, revelation, manifestation in Christ, and resurrection, to a creation fulfilled and consummated, so that it becomes a perfect expression of God’s will and a perfect vehicle for His glory."

- L.G. Sargent

The Faith of the Christadelphians (1964)

27 June 2016

"Fruit takes time to grow to maturity; it does not come overnight, and when it is manifest in the believer’s life it takes a rather more substantial form than the mere exercise of good works. Paul does not say that the fruit of this inner transformation is Bible reading, earnest prayer, diligent attendance at the ecclesia, regular sick visiting, giving, active preaching—though he advocates those good works elsewhere. His point is that the work of God in the believer leads to the development of new affections and desires, ones that are God-ward. It follows that “they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts” (Galatians 5:24). We put to death our natural fleshly desires by developing instead that right way of thinking and feeling which is of God."

- Tecwyn Morgan
Walking in the Spirit (1987)

28 June 2016

"God spoke, and it was done; He commanded, and it stood fast. The word of the Lord is the utterance of His will and the expression of His power. As such it is the basis of everything that exists in His creation: "By the word of the Lord were the heavens made, and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth." Heavens, heights, angels, hosts, sun, moon, stars and waters above the heavens are alike called on to praise Him, for "He commanded, and they were created"; and of these it is declared that His word has established them for ever: "He hath made a decree which shall not pass away." As the word "endures for ever", so stability and duration mark that which is accomplished by the word."

- Foundations

Revelation (March, 1965)

29 June 2016

"Throughout the history of mankind only one has approached the Divine pattern, the Lord Jesus. In sending forth Jesus God was issuing the final call to His people. The presence of Jesus in their midst, like the prophets of old, should have stirred them to consider how far they were removed from the likeness of the sons of God. Jesus could declare: “He that hath seen me hath seen the Father”, and, “The words I speak are not mine, but the Father’s who hath sent me.” In effect, he was demanding that they should conform to his way of life and so be like God. But then, as now, men are more concerned with “tithing mint and annise and cummin” and forget the essential qualities that reflect the Divine pattern."

- W.I. Evans

Who Like the Lord? (1967)